finished book list

  • the giver
  • its kind of a funny story
  • the phantom tollbooth

Monday, March 26, 2012

Roger and his shooting of the cop (test prep 1 narritive piece of writing)

    I have just started reading the book Dope Sick by Walter Dean Myers in this book the main character Roger Jones who is more known by his street nname Lil J is on the run from the cops so far Lil J is trying to escape from the cops because of the fact that he is being accused of shooting and murdering a cop. Lil J really did not shoot the cop but he hangs out with some drug dealers who shot him.Lil J is only about 16 to 17 years old and he is on the run from the cops. in the story Lil j has ran from the cops and he has snuck into an old and abondoned building. In this building Lil J meets a man known as kelly this man has seen Lil J in the news and is informing him anout that and what he has done. Lil J is also shot while he is running.
    The types of problems that Lil J has so far is that he is on the run from the cops and that he is about to go to jail. some more problems is that he is shot and he is being accused he is also hanging out with the wrong people at the wrong time.Lil J is also in alot of pain and is very tired of running i dont think anyone would want to be in his place at that time that he has to go through all of those types of problems. I do not think that I could relate to the life that Lil J is going through right now in the book because I have never gone through something as serious as that. my responce to this is that if I was Lil J I would not have kept on runing like he is I would probably just find a place to sit and rest.
    This book is very interesting and it would be recomended because Walter Dean Myers uses language and examples in the story so that the reader could see and conect to what Lil J is going through. I dont think I have ever been in as much pain in my life as much as the way Walter Dean Myers describes it for Lil J which is coughing and runing while leaving and driping a trail of blood behind you and trying to sneak in to an abondond house that smells really bad. I dont think I could relate to something this big and serious.

No comments: